We are the Prudential Regulator for Credit Unions and Caisses Populaires in Nova Scotia.
“To maintain member, stakeholder and public confidence in the Nova Scotia Credit Union System.”
- To fulfill the role as primary regulator of Nova Scotia Credit Unions and Atlantic Central.
- To provide insurance for eligible member deposits.
- To establish prudential standards of sound business and financial practices and to ensure adherence to these standards in the Credit Union System.
- To take remedial action to mitigate risks and ensure the stability of Nova Scotia Credit Unions and the Atlantic Central.
- To promote good governance and contribute to the strength of the Credit Union System.
- To maintain and effectively manage a deposit insurance fund.